10 Camping Tips for Beginners10 Camping Tips for Beginners
The outdoors is always a wonderful place to be in. In today's world, however, it's becoming less common for people to spend time out there!
We here at Wikipedeals love to go camping, so we put together a little list of do's and dont's for first-time campers.
- When pitching your tent, pick a spot free of roots and away from trees. Clear out small stones and twigs from your campsite to make your time spent lying down a little more comfortable.
- Bring enough water! Sourcing water at campsites can be difficult, so it won't hurt to bring a touch more potable water than you think you might need.
- If you can, get a map of the area. It helps loads to know what's around you.
- Invest in a good sleeping bag. Your back will thank you! If you have a good sleeping bag, you'll be well rested and you can enjoy your camping trip better.
- Cooking outdoors isn't hard! A simple, yet durable and versatile cookset can help you whip up tasty meals. Not to mention that the firewood is going to add smokey flavor to whatever you're cooking!
- Speaking of food, you won't always have a place to store it. Plan what to cook, how much, and where to store your leftovers after the fact.
- <p>Invest in a good sleeping bag. Your back will thank you! If you have a good sleeping bag, you'll be well rested and you can enjoy your camping trip better.</p>
- Bring insect repellant. Do. Not. Forget.
- If you want to use your electronics, the only way you're going to be able to do that is with solar power, or battery banks. Plan accordingly.
- Once you have all the gear you need for your camping trip, test it out! You don't want to be caught in the wilderness with a piece of gear you've never used before.
Need camping supplies? Check out the store to see what portable goodies we have for you! Click here to browse the shop!